Friday, January 22, 2010

Receiving Gifts


Gifts are such wonderful things but my heart was touched this last week after I watched Zander receive a gift from his daddy. Eric returned from working in Idaho and he bought Zander a "Peterbuilt" truck. Oh how Zander has been wanting this particular truck, and on Wednesday morning there it was. His joy and excitement were so pure and so wonderful to watch and then I wondered is that how I receive gifts?? I realized that once an adult alot of the magic that surrounds gifts is lost, after all we know how much it costs, or we picked it out ourselves, or we ask for "useful" gifts, those needed items. But what about those gifts that we receive from our heavenly father, how do we receive those?? With a sense of responsibility, or that air of questioning is this really from you Lord? Or do we sit and ask "did I truly deserve this?" ?
Our God extends gifts to us in much the same manner, if not so much more, as Eric did to Zander, out of pure love and excitement to see his kids face. God wants this from me, that pure untainted joy of receiving a gift from my God. Hold our your arms and open them wide and with a heart of a little child receive all the gifts that God is giving you.

Love & Blessings

No comments: