Monday, November 8, 2010

Cloth everywhere!!!!

Since we made the switch to cloth diapers we have encountered an interesting annoyance -wipes. What to do with the disposable wipes now that there is no diaper to wrap them in?? Well, the answer is cloth wipes:)
We had already been using cloth wipes intermittently, but not on a regular basis before switching to cloth diapers.
Everything was readily available -as we already had a massive amount of washcloths I purposed some of them to wipes. I keep them in a wiper warmer and pre-moisten them in my homemade solution.

I take 2 cups of warm water, add 1 drop tea tree oil, 1 drop lavender or lemongrass oil and about 2 tsp olive  or jojoba oil. Whisk it all up, wet the wipes and place them in the warmer.

In addition I have a spray bottle with a solution of water and Dr. Bronner's baby soap for extra messy jobs.
The second solution I also carry in a small spray bottle in the diaper bag along with dry washcloths.
When I remember I take some of the pre-moistened washcloths in a little wipe bag.
The soiled washcloths go into the pail -or special dirty diaper bag while on the road, and are then washed along with the cloth diapers.
We are excited to no longer purchase disposable wipes and feel at ease knowing exactly what touches our children's skin:)

1 comment:

The Harris Clan said...

We did the same thing. Saved so much money and loved it.