Thursday, December 31, 2009

It's a wrap

So this is it. Today is the last day of 2009 and what a year it has been. The most impactful memory of course was the birth of our second son, Ethan Josiah on 07/07 (9 days late). We had our little guy at home, yet still many things did not go according to plan, for one our wonderful midwife did not quite get here in time. Luckily he made his debut before my mom had to fly home again, so that was a huge blessing. Nonetheless, he was born at 8:13am at a healthy 8 pounds 2 ounces and he was beautiful. Life has been wonderfully changed and the last 6 months have been quite the whirlwind. Thank you Jesus for this gift.
It is funny to think back since the pregnancy and arrival of Ethan have overshadowed so much in this past year. Another wonderful happening in 2009 was Zander's accomplishment of being completely potty trained in 2.5 days. Man oh man, I was dreading this for some reason and it turned out to be just fine :)
We have also experienced God's continued promise for our business this past year and he proved to be faithfull every step of the way. We had some times were I was not quite sure how it would turn out, but faith and obedience walked us through those tough times as well. Thank you God for that.
This past year also marked the beginning of Living Waters Lacey Regal Campus, and as a family we decided to serve at this campus. It has been miraculous to watch the campus grow and God move through those movie theater seats.
Well to be honest these are the moments that stick out to me the most. I am 100% certain that I have forgotten some wonderful things and I will most likely remember them as soon as I post this entry, ooh well.
To say the least, 2009 has been a great year for the Matthews Family. A great reminder how awesome our God is as well as how much we truly need Him each and every day.
I can't wait to see what 2010 will have in store and how many of my resolutions I will actually keep! ( yes I have a LOT- but that's the topic for the next post)
I am off now to celebrate with some great friends. Have a happy and wonderful new year. I will see you on the other side.

Love & Blessings

No comments: